Letter of Support Guidelines
The following items are provided to assist in drafting an acceptable Letter of Support from your employer.
A successful letter should include most, if not all, of the following items:
- Recommendation for the applicant to participate in the WINS program;
- Brief list of applicant qualifications and accomplishments in their current role;
- Brief statement on why the applicant (and home organization, if desired) would benefit from participating in WINS;
- Statement of support for the applicant, if awarded, for being away from the office and daily work tasks during the full duration of SC17 setup and conference. This will provide the applicant time to focus on SCinet-related tasks and training as assigned;
- Name, title, and signature of the author/signatory of the letter (applicant's Manager, Director, etc.).
The letter of support should not exceed one page.